fail to load Gnome

Hi All!

Just did # apt-get update # apt-get upgrade

After restart can't log in load Gnome.

"Your session only lasted less than 10 seconds. If you have not logged
out yourself, this could mean that there is some installation problem
or that you may be out of diskspace. Try logging in with one of the
failsafe sessions to see if you can fix this problem."

-------------------------------------
~/.xsessions-errors:

/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and
utmp /etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/bin/X11/sessreg -a -w
/var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l
":0" "alexandru" /etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
-------------------------------------

Logged in through 'Failsafe Gnome' and everything worked fine. I am
not out of disk space - I have more than 3Gb free. The only visible
difference in 'Failsafe Gnome session' as compared to normal Gnome
session is that GAIM doesn't start automatically upon logon.

After that when I try to login Gnome session, I get the same error
again.

Tried
# dpkg-reconfigure gdm
but that didn't help...

tried also
# apt-get --reinstall install gdm
that didn't help either...

running debian sid amd64 with linux stack kernel 2.6.12

--
Sincerely yours,
Alexandru Cardaniuc