Re: fqdn no more

nano@xmission.com wrote:
Hi all,
After I finished configuring apache2, I run /etc/init.d/apache2 restart and I
got the following:

"Forcing reload of webserver: Apache2 apache2: could not determine the
server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName"

I have my webserver's ip address and domain name in the hosts file

What happened?
Please help.

Fernando

That is an error that google could have answered very well. Before you ask a question, you should search google and the archives from this list. Generally you will find the answer faster than in the list.

In spite of that, you should look /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ and look for the site you are trying to setup, maybe 000-default. Also, you should note that the configuration between apache1.x and apache 2.x has changed in order to add flexibility to sites that host several virtualhosts in the same machine.