Re: Locales and LANG

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 03:58:52PM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:

> hi ya dalibor

Hi,

> On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Dalibor Straka wrote:
>
> > this always worked fine with me
> > LANG=cs
> > LANG=czech ./whatever
> ..
> > LANG=cs_CZ
>
> the value you pick for LANG should be listed in
>
>       locale -a | grep -i cz

Well, i know ;-). But when it stopped working in a night
(an update&upgrade night) i'd like to be informed on time
read more about it.

> you might also want to define bothLANG and LC_ALL

This is for a specific reason. I need only czech characters
working, well it is not me who wants it :), and supress "the
odd czech behaviour" like czech sorting, czech time format,
and czech messages, menus and all the F... stuff ;-)

Thaks for your respond,
-- Dalibor