Re: hosts.deny doesn't work for web services

Nikolai Hlubek wrote:

> On one of my machines I'm running a zope server. This server should only
> be accessible from my LAN so I set:
>
> hosts.deny
> ALL: ALL
> Ping and ssh connects are refused but the web services provided by zope
> are still accessible from the outside. Is this a bug or am I missing
> something here?

I know that Apache, because it doesn't use the tcpwrappers library, isn't
affected by hosts.allow and hosts.deny.  You have to configure the
equivalent in Apache's own config files.

I've never used zope but perhaps it works the same way.  You could look
through the docs for any mention of tcpwrappers?

HTH,
Adam