Re: Dynamic DNS

Lars wrote:
> Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
>

>>>AFAIK bind8 doesn't support DDNS.

>>>Why do you have different bind versions on your system? This only
>>>happens when inatalling by hand. Using an apt frontend or most
>>>likely apt itself, will install a homogen versioning.
>

> Actually i did a "aptitude install bind", why one part 8.x is in I don't
> know....

Because he probably had bind9 (or at least bind9-host which is similar
in function to the host package, and has no dependancy on bind 9 itself)
installed then installed bind in its place. The "bind" package is bind
8. To get bind 9, you need to install the bind9 package. the bind
package conflicts with bind9 but not bind9-host. There is no
corresponding bind-host package.