Re: simple console menu

On 2005-10-16 @ 10:19:05 (week 41) Rodney Richison wrote:

> I would like to make a simple console menu for a script I'm writing.
> While I see things like pdmenu, I'd like this menu to show up on a plain
> vanila new debian base install with now gui.  Do you guy's know of some
> simple examples I might look at to accomplish this?

Hi Rodney,

Following is a shameless plug for one of my own pieces of code `;-)

You mention it is for a script. If you can stomach perl (I couldn't live
without it, they'd have to pry it from my cold fingers) I'd like to
suggest you take a look at the Term::ANSIMenu module I wrote a couple of
years ago. It is written for just this task. You can easily build
console-based menus with it, including multiple levels, built-in help,
colors and hotkeys. As the name suggest it is all done using ANSI escape
sequences. If you decide to go this route, then I'll be happy to answer
any questions you might have. (Who said FOSS support was non-existent?
}:-)

Grx HdV