Re: telnet as login shell

Benjamin A'Lee wrote:

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 08:56 -0700, Stephen Le wrote:
Is it possible to change a user's login shell to an instance of telnet
to a user-unique port? When a user logs into my server, I'd like them
to be immediately dropped into a telnet session on a specific port
running on the server and to be disconnected when their telnet session
ends.

You should be able to write a script that calls telnet with the
appropriate options, and set that as the shell (add it to /etc/shells).
That's just a guess, haven't tested it.

   Ben

Ben, I don't think it works.
Stephen, try to put a telnet session in their ~/.bashrc
I've never tried but it should work.

Aurelien

--
Aurélien Ricard