Re: Knoppix KDE problem + apt problem

durumdara@mailpont.hu wrote:
Hi !

I installed Knopppix 3.9 EN into my machine.

In live CD the KDE is working good, but after installation (HDD boot!) the KDE is not started...

The kdm begun starting, the login is ok, but when the splash screen is flashing on "Starting system services", the progress is halted.

I don't know what is the problem (IceWM is working good).

So I think that I must reinstall KDE in correct way.

When I tried to remove KDE, apt-get said "KDE is not installed"... Hmmm...
Then I try to install it, but 4 packages has problem.

When I try to remove KDE, it is say "Try to fix it with -f".
When I try to fix it with "-f", it show error messages...

What I do wrong ? How to force the installation or removing ?

This is debian-user.  Either install Debian, or ask Knoppix support.