Re: Converting asf to ogg

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 at 0745 -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
>One thing that I would like to do is to recode asf files into
>ogg. Xine can read both, but I can't figure out how to use it for the
>recoding purpose. I haven't found any other app that would do it. Any
>one knows?

I run a script to download a radio program while I'm at work. It uses
mimms to read the asf feed, then I use mplayer to convert it to a wav
file and then oggenc to get an ogg file.

The relevant code is this:

     if [ -f $title$today.asf ]; then
        /usr/local/bin/mplayer -vc dummy -vo null -ao \
       pcm:file=$title$today.wav $title$today.asf
     else
       exit
     fi

     oggenc -Q $title$today.wav

It's a little extra work, but I couldn't find an app to go straight
from asf to ogg.

Ryan
--
On July 25, a Concorde crashed near Paris, killing 113 people. What do you
think of this first-ever crash of the supersonic jet? "Man was not meant to