hdc IRQ probe failed

I'm running a stock 2.6.8-2-k7-smp kernel on stable.  It is a raid
system so I have no use for hdc and hdd.  I get the following on boot
and of corse it slows boot time down to a crawl.

-- ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
hdc: IRQ probe failed (0xffffbdfc)
hdc: IRQ probe failed (0xffffbdfc)
hdc: no response (status = 0x0a), resetting drive
hdc: IRQ probe failed (0xffffbdfc)
hdc: no response (status = 0x0a)
hdd: IRQ probe failed (0xffffbdfc)

I've tried disabling the ide ports in the bios.  I've tried removing
the ide modules.  I've tried running depmod and remaking the
initrd.img.  I've turned off "discover."  I've messed with hotplug.  I
see others have had this problem during my research but I've seen no
fix.

What can I do about this?
Thanks,
Kent

"Every person takes the limits of their own field of vision
  for the limits of the world." - Arthur Schopenhauer