Re: gpg: export just my keys, not whole keyring?

On 10/12/05, Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> wrote:
> On onsdag 12 oktober 2005, 06:30, Matt Price wrote:
> > I get a huge file (don't have room for it!)
> > even :
> > gpg --export matt.price@utoronto.ca > ring.gpg
>
> I think you need to use the KeyIDs, not the address, so, something like
> gpg --export DEADBEEF > ring.gpg
> would do it, I think... But yeah, gpg isn't that easy to use as of
> now...
>
> Cheers,

interesting, the depths of my ignorance continue to berevealed to
me...  I'm not sure what a keyid is!  But I did try this:
gpg --export "Matt Price <matt.price@utoronto.ca>" > ring.gpg -- and I
ended up with something much smaller.  So maybe that's good enough.

But one thing is, I'm still not sure that the key I export is the one
I'm actually using to sign my debian packages & files.  I know I've
made a number of keys inthe past (part of my wanderings in the dark)
and now I don't know which one is automatically used when I invoke
gpg.  jeez, how do I figure that out?

oh, and finally -- if I figure out which key I want to export, do I
add it to the ubuntu-keyring just with
cat mykey.gpg >> ubuntu-archive-keyring ?
or will that screw with the binary file format somehow?

sorry for the ignorance.  Thanks much,

matt