Re: Translation for package descriptions ?

Hello *,

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 09:10:58PM +0200, jjluza wrote:
> Do you think it could be possible to have translation for package descriptions
> in apt ?

Yes, this was / is the aim of the Debian Description Translation
Project (ddtp). However, their webpages have been defunct (IIRC after
the incident in 2003) for a while, followed by some effort to revive
the project in 2004. Unfortunately their pages are empty by now, so
there seem to be no instructions on how to participate publically
available, yet last I heard the mail address <desc2@ddtp.debian.org>
acts as a gateway to the project. As this is just hearsay I cannot
tell you how it is supposed to work.
There is a "start of the restart" of the project at
<http://ddtp.debian.net>, but I don't know any further about this
either.
AFAIK the organizer of the ddtp is still available for contact:
Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org>.

Sorry for being vague, but this all comes from way back in my mind...

HTH,
Flo