Re: Brain transplant for Debian testing box.

Depending on how you configured your custom kernel, it may well work
just fine with your new board and CPU.  I haven't done this, but if I
were in your situation (and my kernel didn't like my new MB), the first
thing I would try is installing a standard kernel image.  The install CD
for testing comes with a rescue option; I think you just type "rescue"
instead of "linux".  The options are detailed in the boot options
documentation on the CD (hit F1, F2, etc. at the boot prompt).  Mount /
and chroot into it.  Mount other necessary filesystems like /usr
and /var.  "aptitude install kernel-image-2.6-686" or whatever is
appropriate.  Make sure your boot loader is configured to use your new
kernel and reboot.

I haven't used this process, but it seems like it should work.  Once you
have a standard kernel image working, you can compile your custom
kernel.

-Jeff