Re: ratio - Re: Debian Compatable UPS?
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > even at smartUPS 1000 or higher, its still pieces of junk
> That would give a infinite for a SmartUPS XL right now on my account
> (0 units replaced) ;-)
and we on the other hand have replaced say 20 out of 20 smart ups1000,
1100 in say 3 yrs
- some folks like name brand .. it's their $$$$ down the drain
and data loss ... which also has occurred there, but it will take
time before the corporate boat can turn to use other options
from companies-i(we)-never-heard-of ups
- good or bad thing is that you can buy spare batteries for APC
which may or may not be the case for other brands
- is that a good or bad sign ??
- other vendors do or don't have "battery" problems??
- trick question is what is the purpose of the ups
- brown outs ?
- surge surpressors ?
- 5min or 30min or 1hr+ of uptime when the city has gone black
from the backhoe down the street or the local power-utilities
employee pulling the wrong breakers
- how good is the battery backup at the "data centers"