Re: iptables newbie

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 08:12:23PM -0700, James Gibbon wrote:
> Sorry, I figured out my problem. iptables was working fine I actually needed
> to use the following command to make my rule stick:
> # iptables -I INPUT -s 123.45.67.89 <http://123.45.67.89/> -j DROP
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

                                      I thought some daft script on my
                                      computer was inserting this bit;
                                      but then another poster mentioned
                                      it. It _definitely_ does not
                                      belong there.

-I or -A should work fine: -I just puts them at the beginning of the
list and -A at the end.  I'd hazard that you changed something else to
get it working, too :)

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/