Re: Hotplug, udev, hal, etc.

Le Dimanche 9 Octobre 2005 14:32, Hendrik Sattler a écrit :
> <veröffentlicht & per Mail versendet>
>
> jjluza wrote:
> > Udev without hotplug works well here with kernel 2.6.13.
>
> Read again! 2.6.13 is greater than 2.6.12, so you completely missed the
> point!

You talked about 2.6.14, so don't be so annoying.
2.6.13 exists and works well, I don't try others but afaik, you even don't try
udev ...

> > All things keep on working very well : sound, nvidia, tv, cpufreq, usbkey
> > and others ... So, what the problem is ? Before hitting the maintainer,
> > you should give it a try first, shouldn't you ?
>
> "works here" never was a good argument. Did you try with linux-2.4.30 and
> linux-2.6.11 parallel-booting with linux-2.6.13?

I never said it works everywhere but you tell him it works nowhere : that's
wrong.
Anyway, Sid is not intend to work perfectly everywhere. it is intend to test
and stabilize new things. For people who want to have a stable system, they
should use Sarge. For people who want to use  Sid, but don't want to crash
their system, they just have to use apt-listbugs. Hotplug in udev is a new
thing in Debian. If nobody test it, how can we solve problems ?
Maybe udev maintainer should have put it in experimental instead ... maybe.
But udev 0.70-3 will work for many people, others must report bugs, that's it.