Re: Boot Sequence SATA Problems

> I'm having a few problems with a SATA hard drive during the sarge
> (kernel v 2.6.8) boot sequence. The HD is a 200GB Maxtor DiamondMax10
> and it's connected to a PCMCIA SATA adapter (I'm on a laptop and the HD
> is on an external housing).
>
> The boot sequence recognizes the HD but it times out during write back
> and freezes right afterwards.
>
> Is there any fix for this problem?

Well, first let me try to figure out what are you really doing:

 - Are you using Debian Installer or sarge installed system?
 - Could you please provide the output of "(lspci ; lspci -n) | sort"?
 - Could you please provide the output of "lsmod"?

Looks like a kernel related issue and might be good if you could try
to use a new snapshot of Debian Installer (in case you're using it)
and check if it works. Otherwise, if you're using a installed system,
might be good to try to update your kernel version and check if it
solves your problem.

See ya!

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R