Re: Device Drivers -- Error compiling

Dear Rogerio,

I'm afraid that's not the problem. As you can tell from the gcc output the .h files are there but the compiler doesn't like what's in them. I have opened up the .h files and had a browse through them and it isn't obvious to me what's wrong.

This strikes me as a case of a big complicated problem that needs to be broken down into lots of little problems if I'm going to have any hope of finding out what's wrong. Only trouble is, i don't know enough about the kernel compiling game to find out what's wrong.

Best Wishes, Max

Rogerio Eduardo Oliveira wrote:
Maximillian,
Look in your system if you have this headers: sched.h,
module.h,jiffies.h, bitmap.h. If not, you should
install them. Excuse me, but I dont known where you
can find it.

--- Maximillian Murphy <m@de-minimis.co.uk> escreveu:

Dear All,

[snip]

beginning of the error stream:

In file included from /usr/include/linux/sched.h:12,
                from /usr/include/linux/module.h:10,
                from hello_world_module.c:2:
/usr/include/linux/jiffies.h:16: error: parse error
before "jiffies_64"
/usr/include/linux/jiffies.h:20: error: parse error
before "get_jiffies_64"
In file included from
/usr/include/linux/cpumask.h:8,
                from /usr/include/linux/sched.h:15,
                from /usr/include/linux/module.h:10,
                from hello_world_module.c:2:
/usr/include/linux/bitmap.h: In function
`bitmap_empty':
/usr/include/linux/bitmap.h:15: error:
`BITS_PER_LONG' undeclared (first use in
this function)