Re: Frozen mouse pointer in X

On 08 Oct 2005, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> Anthony Campbell wrote:

> >>Hmm. I'm astonished that USB doesn't work.  Are you using your own
> >>compiled kernel?
> >>

> > It does now. I needed to compile different options in the kernel (OHCI,
> > EHCI instead of UHCI).
>
> If you don't _need_ to compile your own kernel, the Debian images are
> just fine.  And IME it's pretty rare to _need_ to.

You're orobably right. I do use the Debian image on my laptop. It's
just that I got into the habit of compiling my own kernels for the
desktop long ago, before I started with Debian, and I've continued out
of force of habit, I suppose. But perhaps I shouldn't bother.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian