Re: SNMPD, not responding

Cliff Flood wrote, on 10/07/05 16:57:
Hi,

I'm running SNMPD (NET-SNMP version: 5.1.2) and using MRTG to graph traffic throughput on a Sarge box. At the end of August my SNMDP no longer responds to requests and I get "Timeout: No Response from localhost" when trying to snmpwalk ( snmpwalk -Os -c public -v 1 localhost public ) on on the system.

Looking at debug output (-D), I can see that the requests are received and see what appears to be a response being sent.

I could provide this debugging information if it might help someone help me figure out what is going on.

Anyone else seen this or have suggestions?

I should have done some more troubleshooting/debugging before mailing the list :) I was able to resolve the issue by generating a new snmpd.conf with `snmpconf`.

--
Cliph/ff
http://chicks-dig-unix.net/