[Fwd: Re: Moved to sarge: Great, but no sound!]

Apologies for direct mail Jon, reposted to list :)

Jon Dowland wrote:
On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 02:29:11PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

(1) run alsa-config, assuming you're using also, of course.
   Sometime I had to rerun it every time I rebooted.

I have to do that (run alsaconf) once after boot to enable the sound
device. I haven't invested a lot of time yet to work out why, but it is
very annoying.

Have either/both of you tried 'alsactl store' once alsa is up and
running?  Worked for me YMMV.

Wackojacko