Re: best hardware spec for fileserver

askar k napisał(a):
Could anybody adive me the best hardware configuration for fileserver.

There is no such thing. You always have to take into consideration many factors. What do you want from the server, how much money you can spend and so on.

Do I need to have Raid-5 or smth like that to be able to backup the
1st hard disk to the 2nd one to be my server crash free?

First of all - RAID is not a backup method.

I have to set up fileserver at my work. Is samba the best solution for that?

Might be. Depends on circumstances.

Your questions are a little like "what is the best car on the market?".
I might tell you that it's Dodge Viper, but this answer will be useless for you if you just want to transport ten tons of gravel.