Re: Upgraded from 512 to 1024 ram. Now, how to fine tune the system?

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 18:41:33 -0300
Bruno Buys <brunobuys@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just bought an extra 512mb ram module, to add to my existing
> 512mb. Free reports the total correctly, but i was wondering if
> is there any way that i fine tune my system for better use of
> this memory. That's the first time i run a 1gb pc :)!
> Any help?

No need to do any manual optimisations.  Linux will handle it for
you.

> specs are:
>
> mobo abit  kv8-pro 754 (k8t800pro and via vt8237 south)
> sempron 2600
> 1 Gb mem
> pixel view tv capture card
> onboard sound & eth
>
> i do some video/audio editing and lots of gimp editing, as a top
> mem-consuming tasks.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Temporarily not of Jefferson, LA  USA

"Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly
around women.  And I hope I never get into that."
Bill Clinton