Re: drm and radeon module load problems

Yes. It is really weird, that you had it in the .config but there was
absolutely nothing about the agp in the dmesg!?

From your trials it seems that the module gets laoded and your chipset
is supported by the kernel, so everything should be ok from the AGP
point of view. Also I think it means that agp_try_unsupported=1 would
not help in your case.
as i wrote before, i already built new kernel with iommu enabled and agp included in the kernel. as soon as it will be possible to reboot i'll check it out...

If you have the IOMMU or the AGP support compiled in the kernel, you
should get an error if you try to force modprobe to load the agp module.

My grep -i agp /usr/src/linux/.config has
CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=y
# CONFIG_AGP_INTEL is not set
and grep -i iommu /usr/src/linux/.config # CONFIG_GART_IOMMU is not set
CONFIG_DUMMY_IOMMU=y

I.e. no IOMMU and AGP compiled into the kernel.
dmesg |grep -i agp gives:
Linux agpgart interface v0.101 (c) Dave Jones
agpgart: Detected AGP bridge 0
agpgart: AGP aperture is 256M @ 0xd0000000
with module i've something similar.

When I start X, the drm and, in my case, mga get loaded automatically.
in my case, fglrx, amd64_agp and agpgart get loaded automatically. no drm is present there... actually, should it be there? for some mysterious reason, the hw acceleration works now (and it was the reason why i started playing with the kernel...)

regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"