Extremely small fonts

Hello,

I'm pretty new to Debian / Linux.  I'm using
Debian-Sarge (stable) release along with X-window &
KDE.  When I powered up my PC today, the fonts in all
the X-windows were so small to the point of
unreadable.  However, the icons and other graphics
were not affected.  Fortunately, I'm able to get into
a shell, so I can do some modifications.  But, can
anyone tell me what file controls the fonts for X?

BTW -- I don't know what caused this.  The only thing
I can think of is that I changed the environment to
turn on Num Lock when entering KDE.  After that I shut
down the system.

Thanks,
-- Matt

http://mail.yahoo.com