Re: A problem with my apt-get

met@n wrote:

Hello, ----------------------------------
As apt-get uses dpkg program, I can ask a question
about apt-get install here:).
Here the command line and the associated error:
lucifer:/home/metan# apt-get install bb
snip : french apt-get output saying that it depends on libsdl-net1.2 but this is not going to be installed

-------------------------

The command apt-get -f install does not resolve the
problem, I try to install libsdl-net1.2 :
----------------------
lucifer:/home/metan# apt-get install libsdl-net1.2
snip: french apt-get output stating that there was an error installing libsdl-net1.2 becuase it contains

/usr/lib/libSDL_net-1.2.so.0.0.5 which is also in sdl-net.

Could help me?

this kind of dependency error happens all the time in sid, and is fixed pretty quickly usually. sounds like libsdl-net1.2 in being superseded by sdl-net (or the other may around)

Thank You(Please Send me the answer on my own address,
for i'm not member of the list)...

then bloody well become one! If we replied to you personally, what good would it be for the community ?! That's what mailing lists are about. This kind of associal behavior is, as you may have noticed, not taken lightly on mailing lists or newsgroups. So: you could use the archives, but they won't let you reply. you can use the newsgroup gateway (linux.debian.something) . and, it would be nice if you gave us english output on english mailing lists. 'LANG=en COMMAND' will do fine.
I will send you a mail with the archive URL of this message.