shadow file and two root directories for apache2

Hi,

 I am having one more question we are having one live webserver with apache 1.X and in this we are having default root document directory but only one website they are using different webroot directory how do we menction for this  one website for different root directory which file we need to edit and where to menction this.

  We are planning to migrate from redhat webserver to debian webserver with apache 2.x and i am planning to copy the existing shadow password file from redhat machine to debian machine.It will work without any problem in debian with the same user names and passwords otherwise i need to do any other thing.

Thanks for your help

Yahoo! for Good