Re: Securing SSH: Does disabling password authentication work?

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 11:30:45AM -0500, Steve Block wrote:
> So does this seem like a viable way to avoid the current generation of
> SSH attacks? Of course nothing is bulletproof but am I actually more
> secure than before?

I'd argue, yes. By removing an authentication method that you are not
using, you are reducing the number of quantity of code that is being
executed and therefore reducing the quantity of vulnerabilities that may
be present.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/