savagefb and acpi standby

I had acpi standby working so that when the lid of my laptop closed it
would go into standby mode. Things would correctly come up again when I
hit the power button.
I just moved from using the VESA framebuffer to the savage framebuffer,
and now it hangs when I try to wake the laptop up again. :(

Any thoughts?

Is it known that the savagefb does not play well with acpi?

This is a stock kernel.

David Purton
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a