Two upstream connections

Does anybody have a simple script for two upstream connections?
I have ADSL as primary and wireless as backup.  I don't need load
balance just an active/backup scenario (with automatic failover).
The DSL has dynamic IP via DHCP the wireless can use either static
IP or DHCP.

The intranet runs NAT.  I am running the 2.4.27-2-686 kernel.  I also
do some port forwarding.  I think iproute is what I need but all the
examples I've seen are overly complicated for what we need.

Years ago I was pretty good with Cisco's.  Would Zebra help for this?

Thanks!

Tim