Re: bittorrent query?

Brendan wrote:
On Tuesday 27 September 2005 10:25 am, Paolo Alexis Falcone wrote:

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 10:12 -0400, Ishwar Rattan wrote:

I just installed bittorrent-3.4.2-5 from testing.

What is the command to invoke it?

man btdownloadcurses --> if you want the ncurses-based UI
man btdownloadheadless --> the interface for "headless" chickens of
machines

using screen with multiple btdownloadheadless (aliased as btdh) sessions is the salvation and flooding of my connection.

With this:

cd ~/data6/torrents/new/ && btlaunchmany . --display_interval 10 --save_options 1 --max_upload_rate -1

running in an xterm, suitably small font, gets each line on one line, updated at a reasonable rate. Just d/l .torrent files and save them in d/l dir/. Restart on every boot. Once d/l'd, and suitably seeded, of course, mv them elsewhere. Merely pauses if disk space fills, carries on once you've cleared out some completed d/l's. Adds power to your CPU!
512kb ADSL = 40 concurrent torrents, maxed-out bandwidth! (24/7 !!!)
When I want to use aptitude, I do a ^Z, and when fg'd again, it picks right up, NO need for it to re-check the d/l file!
:-)

Keep on topping up dir/ with torrents, mv both torrent and d/l out once seeded "enough" [>=1:1]

You'll soon [2 months??] find you don't have TIME to watch THAT MANY movies!!!
:-)