Re: xserver-xfree86 and xserver-xorg problem

cc wrote:

'apt-get install xserver-xfree86 ' will install 'xserver-xorg'
instead of xserver-xfree86, whats the matter ?

i want to install xfree86, not xorg....

I have to say that I was mystified by the fuss over the change in XFree86. I tried to read over the opinions. It seems that XFree86 wanted to require inclusion of files that actually gave credit for who wrote the software. This is very similar to the referencing one does in writing scientific papers. Is anyone packaging their own, unofficial XFree86 deb's?

Art Edwards