Re: xserver-xfree86 and xserver-xorg problem

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 05:03:21PM +0800, cc wrote:
> 'apt-get install xserver-xfree86 ' will install 'xserver-xorg'
> instead of xserver-xfree86, whats the matter ?

What's the matter is your problem with writing coherent questions.  What
distribution are you using, for one thing?

> i want to install xfree86, not xorg....

You can't.  I deduce that you're using Etch (Testing) or Sid (Unstable).  In
those distributions, XFree86 has been REMOVED in favor of Xorg for licensing
reasons.  There are no more current Debian packages of the former.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.