Re: What is the different between kernel-image and linux-image

Debian is moving toward equality among kernels- hurd, bsd,
and even windows (gah!).

IIRC, Debian Gnu/HURD and Debian GNU/BSD work already, and
Windows isn't being seriously worked on.  If interested,
there's a mailing list to join at debian.org (and archives
to read).

So it doesn't make sense to name linux kernel kernel-image,
linux kernel becomes linux-kernel-image or linux-image, and
the latter is more concise.

At least I think that's the reason.  Haven't been privy to
the actual discussions, but I bet you can find them in the
developer list archives.

According to rosetta,
> Hi all
>
>   I have seen some packages named kernel-image-xxx and
> linux-image-xxx. And the description of them is similar.
>   what is the different?
>
> good luck

Best Regards,

Tony