Re: very slow usb 2.0

To blacklist a module I believe you just add it to
/etc/hotplug/blacklist.  But in the case of ub vs. usb-storage, simply
blacklisting or hiding the ub module won't do.  You actually have to
rebuild your modules after disabling CONFIG_BLK_DEV_UB.

guess I'll recompile the kernel!...

someone once told me that not having the modules would make my kernel faster... is that not true?
recently I have questioned this approach as I had to compile the kernel over and over.
should I just go back to modules?

thanks a lot!!!
roberto.

On 9/25/05, Hendrik Sattler <post@hendrik-sattler.de> wrote:
Am Sonntag, 25. September 2005 22:26 schrieb Roberto Winter:
> First of all I do have hci-hcd, ehci-hcd, and usb-storage compiled in the
> kernel. Not as modules though, but that doesn't make a difference.
> The thing is that I also hav UB compiled and it is not a module, so I can't
> simply unload it. Is there a way to tell the kernel not to load it?
> How do I use hotplug for that? Can someone point me a good reference
> maybe?... Can I use modutils blacklisting in that case?

In this case, you have to recompile your kernel.
One more point for using modules. One more point for only compiling in stuff
that you know that you'll need it.
HS

        oder über pgp.net