Re: Newbie wants Firefox and Tbird

On 09/24/2005 02:43 am, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 23 September 2005 07:14 am, Fritz Brown wrote:
> > > Please read the Debian Reference.  One of the main reasons to use
> > > Debian is to use software packaged from Debian repositories rather than
> > > downloading generic binaries and source.
> >
> > Which may explain why I am having trouble understanding how to install
> > Opera.  I got a .deb of the latest version, and am trying to follow the
> > instructions on various websites concerning dpkg, and I keep getting
> > messages that I make it appear I am not using the proper attributes....
>
> First, Gak! Opera!  Get a real browser!  <duck!>
>
> Second, what kind of errors are you getting?

Opera is a good browser.  I use Konqueror, Firefox, and Opera because each one
has its advantages.  I sometimes get better performance from Opera than from
Firefox and sometimes Firefox is better.  I don't think any of the browsers
used with Linux is the best all-around.  Maybe I am doing something wrong ;)

8)