RE: Bittorent question

dpkg -L bittorrent (or the name of the pkg you installed)

It provides the locations for the docs and binaries/scripts.

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Battles [mailto:josh.lists@omg-stfu.com]
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 10:16 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Bittorent question

Last night I installed bittorrent on my server so that I could use it to
download/seed some files but I can't seem to get anything to download
via BT.
 I've used BT on Windows and other Linux distros (but never debian)
without
any post-install configuration but this time it doesn't seem to be
working
for me.

I've installed all the necessary python libs and stuff as well as the
bittorrent and bittorrent-gui packages.  I would think that after
installing
this stuff BT should take over when I click on a download link but it
does
not.

Where is BT installed to and how do I start it?  I'd like to run it in a
command window instead of GUI if possible.  I searched google but didn't
really find the kind of information I'm looking for.  All I was able to
find
was "click on a link and BT will download it for you" but that doesn't
seem
to be the case with this box.

I'm running Sarge with a 2.4 kernel.  Can you guys point me in the right
direction?

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com