Re: Man-DB is crazy

Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> Please CC replies to me as I'm not subscribed.

> Once a day I get the following email message from the man-db cron job:
> > /etc/cron.daily/man-db:
> > mandb: warning: /usr/share/man/man1/x-terminal-emulator.1.gz is a dangling symlink
>
> This in spite of all the evidence:

It would be a lot easier to use the -L option and do it in one command.

  ls -lL /usr/share/man/man1/x-terminal-emulator.1.gz
  -rw-r--r--  1 root root 1369 2005-03-10 14:55 /usr/share/man/man1/x-terminal-emulator.1.gz

> Anyone have any idea what man-db's problem is and how to fix it?

In spite of your evidence to the contrary I believe that the link in
question must really be dangling.  I just can't believe otherwise
because of the series of symlinks.  I feel certain there was a mistake
in there somewhere.

Bob