cvspserver and frequent "inetd address already in use"

Every few minutes, my syslog gets a message such as:
"Sep 15 16:07:08 Cobb028933918A-Tux inetd[8465]: cvspserver/tcp: bind: Address already in use"

I googled around. Such a thing was reported back in 2000. At the time, the answer was "You have two copies of inetd running. However:

[20:30:56] # ps -A -f | grep 'netd$' -
root      5934     1  0 18:22 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/inetd

I don't.
I looked through /etc/services and I don't see any port# appearing more than once. I suppose, if the error message identified the address involved in the conflict it might help, but other than that, can anyone give me a clue?

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace, I am a Christian man; by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim: R.French, Tr.