upgrading libc6 wants to remove the kernel

When I try to upgrade libc6 from 2.3.2.dsl-21 to 2.3.5-6
apt-get install tells me:

| The following packages will be REMOVED:
|   initrd-tools kernel-image-2.6.10win4lin

Well, this is my only installed kernel-image,
so it's probably no good idea to remove it....

Even changing the package status to hold does not prevent that
weird behaviour:

| The following held packages will be changed:
|   initrd-tools kernel-image-2.6.10win4lin

Even more annoying:
I cannot upgrade any other packages, which require a libc6 upgrade,
e.g. openoffice, gimp, etc.

I read a bug report on this issue, and occasional reports on the net,
however, yet I haven't found any (posting with a) cure for that.

I can't believe I have to live with my unupgradable sarge installation
for weeks and months......any ideas????

Regards
Mathias

--
Mathias Winkler  //  Muenchen/Munich, Germany
mailto:mat.winkler@arkanda.net  //  Homepages: http://www.arkanda.net