grave bug in epiphany extensions (was: installing epiphany-extensions does nothing)

On 9/21/05, Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> wrote:
 Strange.  I've got Epiphany 1.6.3, and the Tools menu is there.  Are the
 versions of your epiphany-browser and epiphany-extensions packages the
 same versions?  (i.e. are they both 1.6.4?)

 lwaldron@parkdale:~$ dpkg -l | grep epiphany
 ii  epiphany-browser                  1.6.4-1
Intuitive GNOME web browser
 ii  epiphany-extensions               1.4.5-1
Extensions for Epiphany web browser
 lwaldron@parkdale:~$

not the same versions, but that's what's in Sarge.  I believe this is
a grave bug since these versions are incompatible, as pointed out by
someone on epiphany-list (see link below) A "fix" is outlined there in
several steps:  install libosp4 and epiphany-extensions from sid, then
use gconfig to install the extensions since I guess there's no more
Tools menu.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/epiphany-list/2005-September/msg00050.html

Seem to me like I should report this as a 'grave' bug against
epiphany-extensions in Sarge, unless someone knows better? (ie the
package unusable, even if using the gconfig editor to attempt to add
the extensions)  There's no such bug reported yet, but can I really be
the first person to notice something so obvious?