RE: unable to install from CD: failure to mount once kernel installed

No I did not.  Now that the CD's are burned, I don't believe I can do this,
as the MD5SUMS file only has hashes for the complete ISO images.  If there
is a way to check the integrity of a burned CD without reference to the .iso
file used to create it, please let me know how to do this.  I can either use
the CD on one of my Windows boxen or the CD on the Linux box after booting
with Knoppix 3.9.  However, the Debian testing version that is now on the
hard disk is not able to mount the CD, so I can't use any tool that requires
straight Debian.

I did download a new netinstall CD ISO each time I burned one (I did both
sizes multiple times) and had the exact same end result even when I did a
netinstall from boot floppies.  Plus, there is still the observation that a
Knoppix 3.9 boot from CD on the same hardware gives a system can mount +
navigate the CD while the Debian system, no matter which version/kernel
combination installed from boot floppies, can't mount the same piece of
physical CD media in the same drive on the same box.  The HDD is a single
partition, Linux-only system.  I trashed the previous contents of the hard
drive with each new install.

> Have you ever successfully installed Debian before or is this the first
> time?

First time:  Debian flaming noob.  During this process of elimination, I did
about ten full installs from boot floppies using different setups (all
default, then expert26 with various answers to questions asked).  Still,
blazing noob to Debian.

--

Seth Goodman