Re: SELinux

Arvind Autar wrote:
Helllo,

I have been using debian for quite some time now, how ever I have
watched several distrobutions implentating so many great ideas, and I
have been wondering why such a robust distorbution as debian
GNU/Linux(*) hasn't done this. One of them is:

SELinux

If SELinux is also suitable for desktop users for example if we look
at the targeted policy (for fedora and RHEL) it
shows that it doesn't restrict users sessions. Short conclusion, there
is no loss  of functionality, why hasn't debian implented SELinux as
default?

Over in the Fedora lists, quite a number of the defects are related
to SELinux. I've noticed that enabling SELinux took away quite a bit
of functionality, not by design, but by defect.

If it gets added to Debian, I suggest that it be shipped disabled.

Frankly, unless one is running an Apache server or the like, I see
no usefulness in it. And even if one runs a server like Apache,
who is to say that SELinux doesn't add as many exploitable defects
as holes it plugs, if not more?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.