Re: x-window startup and other problems

Andrej Repisky napisał(a):
	Hello,

I have encountered the following problem after installation of Debian i386 on a computer. For istallation I used CD that I had prepares using an image from the debian website. Most of the commands do not work. For example links, lynx, gcc and so on. But if I run aptitude, I see gcc-3.3 or something among the devel packages. Why doesn't the command gcc work, then? Another example is graphics -- X window. There is KDE and gnome among packages, but the command startx is not recognized. This was my first GNU/Linux installation and I'm not very experianced, you may advise me another mailing list if you feel annoyed by my e-mails.

Did you actually install the needed packages, or do you see them only as available for install?