Re: cdrecord + 'HL-DT-ST' 'RW/DVD GCC-4243N' '1.07' Removable CD-ROM

Hi and sorry for the delay
I'm not using a frontend. I'v tryed xcdroast once, but I'm not using it.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try this.

Erdi Balint wrote:

Hi,

Yes, I went throught the same thing just some days ago and with the dev=/dev/hdc (or wherever your CD writer is) setting it works as it should. However, how do you make a front-end (namely xcdroast) use this setting? I keep getting scanbus errors using xcdroast and unable to even blank a disc with it (even though my CD writer is recognized under xcdroast)

Thank you,
Balint