Re: Overwhelmed newbie

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 08:09 am, Ed wrote:
> As a rather "newbie" myself, I suggest reading the docs, this list, and
> remember "Google is your friend". I normally let Debian install the

The best Debian reference manual is called "The Debian Reference Manual." It's
free, and can be downloaded here in a variety of languages and formats:

http://www.us.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/

If you want it in English, then download either reference.en.txt,
reference.en.html or reference.en.pdf.

It's very detailed and maybe more than you want if you're just starting out
with Linux. But if you want to understand Debian thoroughly, this is as good
as it gets.

cheers,
Robert