Re: installing debian

Ian wrote:

First off, I don't recommend installing Debian to a USB drive, if that's what it is. Those may be substantially slower than and IDE drive.

If you do however decide to install to that drive, usually it will be recognized as /dev/sda if there are no other SCSI devices. I've also seen it shown as /dev/usb.

HTH

~Nai