Re: eth0 problem

Deephay Z wrote:
Greetings all,

  since I need to install the wireless device driver for the Debian system,
so I compiled and installed the 2.6.13.2 version kernel, but the eth0
(wired-ethernet card) now cannot be found using the newer kernel. Some kinda
":eth0: no such device" is displayed on the screen during booting procedure.
I guess that's because I incautiously removed the necessary ethernet card
driver when I was doing the "make menuconfig" part. How can I re-install
those drivers for the eth0? (I am not sure which one is the precise driver,
but I'm sure it is contained in the kernel source). Thx a lot!

Regards,
Deephay Z

To identify the NIC device, try lspci (if it's a PCI device) or else grep for eth0
in your boot message logs.