starting irexec in a startup script

Hi,

The lirc daemon starts at startup and I want to launch the command "irexec --daemon" too. To achieve this I made a script in /etc/init.d which contains this:

#!/bin/bash

su lorand -c "irexec --daemon"

then I ran the command "update-rc.d irexec_stup defaults" (lorand is the username). After restart I can see the process of irexec but nothing happens when I press the button on the remote. Also the process is owned by lorand as it should. Why is that it doesn't respond to commands, or should I do it another way?