kernel log full of "Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive."

In the last week or so my kernel log is full of messages like:

$ dmesg
Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive

$ tail -f /var/log/messages
Sep 18 19:50:12 micron last message repeated 124 times
Sep 18 19:51:12 micron last message repeated 103 times
Sep 18 19:52:12 micron last message repeated 104 times

It is also printed on the console.

I did some research on the web and I found some information that it was an interaction between hal and my Yamaha SCSI CDRW drive. I created a fdi for the drive to disable the media check but that didn't help. Then I removed hal but the messages are still there.

Today I did some more research and I found that when I stop "dbus-1" the messages stop. But I'm running kde and that uses dbus-1 so I can't remove the package.

Any idea? I'm running Debian Unstable (updated this evening), with KDE as my main desktop. The system is a Athlon T-bird with a Yamaha SCSI CDRW drive as well as a Plextor atapi DVDRW/CDRW drive. I'm using linux-image-2.6.12-1-k7 for my running kernel.

Thanks,
Lolke